An annual comprehensive eye exam is important regardless of your age or physical health. Our optometrists at Eyeconcept will conduct a variety of test and procedures to examine your vision and the health of your eyes. These test and procedures will help our optometrists determine your prescription glasses or contact lenses and check for common eye diseases and vision problems. Book an Oakville Eye Exam today!
What is the optometrist checking for in an eye exam?
An optometrist will check your eyes for eye diseases and vision problems that could lead to vision loss. Some of the examples of the conditions that optometrist look for are:
- Eye Diseases: These include glaucoma and diabetic eye diseases. An optometrist will check the health of your eyes for early signs of problems. Early detection and treatment of such eye diseases can help reduce your risk for permanent vision loss.
- Vision Problems: These include myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. These vision problems are the most common. Did you know that many people who need prescription glasses or contact lenses while they’re young have at least one of the three common vision problems?
- Amblyopia: This is when your eyes are misaligned or when one of your eyes has a different prescription than the other. If amblyopia is left untreated, it can stunt the visual development of the affected eye, leading to permanent vision impairment.
- Strabismus: This is defined as crossed or turned eyes. The optometrist will check your eyes’ alignment to see if they are working together. Strabismus can cause problems with depth perception and lead to amblyopia.
- Other Diseases: Optometrist will be able to detect early signs of other diseases such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol by looking at your eye’s retina and blood vessels.
Why are eye exams important?
Eye examinations are an important part of your health maintenance. Adults need to have their eyes tested to check for early signs of eye diseases and vision problems, as well as to ensure that their prescription is updated. In addition, eye exams play an important role in normal development and learning for children. Since vision is closely linked to a child’s learning process, it can affect how your child performs at school or experience a reading or learning problem. looking for an Eye Exam in Oakville, Ontario? Then you have came to the right place!
When was the last time you had an eye exam?
Do you remember the last time you had an eye exam? If it’s been a while since your last exam, book your eye exam now with Eyeconcept!